Monday, February 7, 2011

Colorado Literacy Conference

It was CCIRA time last week. The numbers were WAY down, but it was so exciting to still see a number of teacher's showing up to learn more about how to best educate children. This conference is not cheap, and many of the teachers I was able to talk with had to pay their own way. Remember that when you are joking about summers off...They might have summers off, but are paying for it in many different ways!

This year was a great time to catch up with new and old friends! I was able to talk with local authors, vendors, and teachers! I was given many tips, some I thought I should share!

Most teachers write stories everyday. Many dream about having books published. I took the down time this year to ask author Justin Matott about getting a book published. His words of advice??? Get an agent. Go to writing conferences and show your work. Make connections with people that write in the genre you are writing in.

Hope this helps any aspiring authors out there. At least it gives you a starting point if you are serious about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment